Gabriel
Site Admin

Modification to the EP system

Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:02 pm

I do not feel like the system is working as intended yet, so there will be further modifications to it. However, I'd like to get your thoughts about it.

I want the territory acquisition to be punishing enough that you'd prefer having vassals than conquering the map yourself.
On taxation:
However, at this moment taxes are really low as territories revenue is quite easily negative. I'm thinking of making taxes on a territory basis instead of being on the total (so tax would be paid as soon as 1 territory is positive).

On initial negative territory values:
Against too big EP deficit, I'm also thinking of modifying the attribution of the initial negative value.
At this moment it is given according to the amount of owned territories. The bracket is now actually [0, -1, -2, -3, -4, -6, -8, -10, -13, -16, -20, -25, -30]. The first value being the first territory acquired and the last the one being applied to the 13th territory acquired and anything above.

I'm thinking of making it relative to your rank. The bracket could go like this [0, -5, -10, -15, -20].
The first value would be applied to all territories acquired while being Rank1 (which are not many) and would go up each time a new rank is attained.

Other ideas:
Someone also have suggested that negative initial values could go up according to the distance to your capital.
It could have the upside of inciting people to develop their own territories close to home while making long distance combat potentially much more expensive.
The downsides that I see would be that it could make it worthwhile for a powerful player to take all territories close to a relatively weaker one if it is sufficiently close to home, making the game of the latter really boring while waiting for the death of the more powerful one. On a side note, it would also be a bit more complex to implement (lets stress again that I'm currently alone with already a huge list of improvements that I want to put in the game).

Growth rate:
All territories now gain 2 EP per day. This can also be played with to get the intended use. The rate could go up if you have fewer and down if you have a lot of territories.
Or according to the number of troops on the territory.

Also:
Quite soon, at least 1 soldier will be needed for the EP to go up. It may even go down without any.

Any thoughts and idea?

Bibz

Re: Modification to the EP system

Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:47 am

Quite soon, at least 1 soldier will be needed for the EP to go up. It may even go down without any.

I'm not sure about that, armies are so few, we can't really let them sit to gain EP. Maybe I missed a feature, can we leave troops behind on a territory ?

Making it based on rank might be a good idea, I'm still too new to understand the strategies behind getting teritories.

Gabriel
Site Admin

Re: Modification to the EP system

Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Yes! You can transfer troops from your general to a territory the same way you transfered troops from your city to your general.
There is, and will be, no need to let the general himself sit on a territory, only troops.

Return to “General Discussion”