DarkJaff

Ideas for when we die

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi Gab,

I know we both speak french but I'll do this post in english so that our other international members can read too!

Here are a couple of ideas, in not particular order, for the "death" part of the game. This is one of the things I don't like very much in the game because when I put time in a game, I want it to be rewarde and losing everything after 20 days is not very rewarding for the moment :)

So here it is:
- When dying, our territories could be donated, in part, to new players like an heritage. I'm pretty sure that in the feudal era, when a king dies, it just would not disappear. By default, the new players could be "allies" in the beginning but like in all good movie, they could stab in the back their own family! The bad side to this is that it would be hard to coordinate the new players with death of player. Also, giving territories would be hard if there is no available village in the given territories... But it would be a nice way to stay in the feudal theme!
- When dying, ok the game end. But we need a profile for each player where you can see the summary of all its game, some kind of score for each game and cummulative. Also, some badges or achievements that we can see in the profile would be nice. Like: Conquer 5 player in one game. Conquer 100 players cummulative, etc. This could give some XP or gems.
- I think a user could buy time (maybe with a limit) with the gems. It would be a good way to monetize the game also. So when reaching the end of its life, it could add a week.

This is the ideas I have for now, but I invite people to comment on it and add their own ideas!

Have a good day!

Gabriel
Site Admin

Re: Ideas for when we die

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:52 am

Hi Gab,

I know we both speak french but I'll do this post in english so that our other international members can read too!

Here are a couple of ideas, in not particular order, for the "death" part of the game. This is one of the things I don't like very much in the game because when I put time in a game, I want it to be rewarde and losing everything after 20 days is not very rewarding for the moment :)

So here it is:
- When dying, our territories could be donated, in part, to new players like an heritage. I'm pretty sure that in the feudal era, when a king dies, it just would not disappear. By default, the new players could be "allies" in the beginning but like in all good movie, they could stab in the back their own family! The bad side to this is that it would be hard to coordinate the new players with death of player. Also, giving territories would be hard if there is no available village in the given territories... But it would be a nice way to stay in the feudal theme!
- When dying, ok the game end. But we need a profile for each player where you can see the summary of all its game, some kind of score for each game and cummulative. Also, some badges or achievements that we can see in the profile would be nice. Like: Conquer 5 player in one game. Conquer 100 players cummulative, etc. This could give some XP or gems.
- I think a user could buy time (maybe with a limit) with the gems. It would be a good way to monetize the game also. So when reaching the end of its life, it could add a week.

This is the ideas I have for now, but I invite people to comment on it and add their own ideas!

Have a good day!

Thanks for the feedback!
No matter what, dying is always a tricky part of life.

The "after-death events" are not yet in-game but here is what the plan is:
  • You receive in-game currencies (dying will actually be the only way to gain gems short of paying)
  • You receive XP according to the highest influence/rank you had in this game (does not matter if you lie in ruins prior to your death). XP will give levels, spendable in a talent tree.
  • When joining a new game in the live version of the game, you'll be matched against players with a similar level

Achievements shall be unlocked too, both in death and prior to death. In fact, they are already partly done but inactive at this moment.

I'm not entusiastic about extending player's life. If I ever give this option, it will be by very (very) little. Old lords who refuse to die would be damning for everyone else.

Giving territories to new players could be quite tricky to implement... I'll keep it in mind but I'll definitely wait to see you all die a few times before coding something like this. =D

Having player profiles and various leaderboards is definitely a good idea. In the longer term, I would also like to make organizing an on-invitation game between friends a possibility.

DarkJaff

Re: Ideas for when we die

Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Sounds good to me!

Return to “General Discussion”