Arocksum

Proposition: Players's Territories/Cities (Color-based) Filters

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:48 am

Hello Feudal Seigneurs,

I'm really enjoying the relation/seigneurs colored-display on the map. But could it be possible to have more advanced filters ? Per player (only one or more) for instance ?

Use cases.
* I would like to know the territories that owned my seigneur (and not theirs from his/her vassals | only) .
* Which are the cities/territories that are free (not belonged by a seigneur) for now ? (something I would like to have to quickly find new cites through the big map)
* I would like to see the territories of 3 players together.

So based on the players list -- read on devmap that it's in the projects -- could be interesting to localize some pretty useful information of localization on the map.

Thanks for reading :)

Arocksum

Gabriel
Site Admin

Re: Proposition: Players's Territories/Cities (Color-based) Filters

Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:04 pm

Some of what you are looking for is already in game. When you look at the relation overlay you see the liege of the selected player in purple (player is selected by default). all the territory in purple are owned by your liege.
If you look at the sovereignty overlay, you will see all occupied territory.
The thing i'm not happy with is he fact that relations of unoccupied cities are not displayed, but a purple liege should be show if the city is vassalized. That is not "as intended".

Filters could be a good idea, but I fear that the UI could either become too heavy, or troublesome to use if the buttons are too small.
A constant struggle is to make as much information available conveniently with as few UI pieces as possible.

Also, I'm happy to say that the list/ranking of players on a map is mostly done and will be in the next build. :)
It includes the rank of the players, theirinfluence at the moment, and your relation to them.

Arocksum

Re: Proposition: Players's Territories/Cities (Color-based) Filters

Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:42 pm

Yay ! Excited to see that ! :)

I totally understand the struggle UI/Filters... So maybe it does not need to be so advanced.
Personally, I would love to find quickly the "free" villages (to take them obviously :P )

Thanks !

Return to “General Discussion”