Xerxes84

Beginner's Guide? And Other Specific Questions

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi all, just started playing and looks very promising so far!

Is there a beginner's guide or manual or something yet? The tutorial was fine but didn't explain everything including some key features.

For example, here are some questions that have come up:

1) how do I take a city? I sent an army to a nearby city who was owned by someone else, I declared war and moved army there. But can't find the button that allows me to capture the city. Right now, when I select the army, I have 2 navigation options and 1 action option. Navigations would take me to either my own capital or to the city the army is at right now (which only allows me to select it's owner and send messages/alliance options). Action one only allows me to send the army somewhere else. I don't see any other options.

2) where are the soldiers that I created in my capital being shown? I thought it would be under Status or Troops, but under Status, it only shows my armies, not the rest of soldiers I've been training since the army left.

3) is there a way to cross the sea?

Thanks all!

Gabriel
Site Admin

Re: Beginner's Guide? And Other Specific Questions

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:52 pm

A guide is definitely something I'll be looking to introduce as soon as possible!

In the meantime:

1)The attack / claim button is at the top of the army menu. There are a few glitches with it that should be resolved in the next version, but this one would be something new! Message me at contact@urubustudio.com if you still can find it (I'll need your player name and your game number).

2) The troops are founded in the right-hand details of the city/territory/army that is selected at the moment.

3) There is no way to cross seas (and none are planned for the moment).

Thanks for trying the game! And sorry for the delayed answer.

Xerxes84

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Great thanks! Sorry for the double post, I thought I hadn't posted it when I didn't see it show up, but it was being reviewed by a mod before posting, so posted a 2nd one haha.

I figured it out and currently taking over the southern part of my world (game 8). Since there are a lot of free cities in my region, I've been taking a lot of them and my overextension rate is going up. The tutorial suggested I gave some away to my Vassals, but can't find that option! Please help.

Also, if my vassals are non-players, what happens if I give them a city? they don't upgrade it to give me more taxes right? What if I upgrade it and then give it to them?

Thanks and keep up the good work. Game's been fun so far. Can't wait for some diplomacy!

Gabriel
Site Admin

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:28 pm

No problem, I deleted the other one!

At this moment, the cooperation of the vassal is necessary to transfer a territory. You need to remove your troops from the territory so the army of another player can claim the territory without declaring war on you. And yeah, if you upgrade those territories, you'll lose those upgrades and it will be level 0 for him.

When a new player gets on the map, he'll get one of those unoccupied cities. If you already claimed it, he will immediately be your vassal.
Also, taking those empty cities has the advantage of giving you an influence point, to increase your rank, without increasing your overextension.
One of the perks of not having too much neighbours. :D

Return to “General Discussion”