Hitzuul

Conquering territories while in war

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:15 pm

So i've been to war a couple time, one thing I feel a bit weird is how you automatically conquer a territory that was owned by your opponents. So let's say I want to go to his capital in order to make him my vassal. If the only way to go to that capital is to pass through 4-5 of his territories, and because I try to maximize my profit I was always at my maximum number of territories I now have 4-5 territories over the limits so I am now losing money.

I just find it weird that you're obliged to keep the territory, why can't I just sack it and let it burn to continue my crusade?

Gabriel
Site Admin

Re: Conquering territories while in war

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:42 am

I agree that it being able to abandon territories would feel natural. However, the current system is made to both encourage cooperation with your vassals (coordinating with them so they take from you) and making it harder (harmful) to blitz through the map. Being able to conquer the other players without anything holding you back would make a liege turnaround that would be too high.
The current system is rewarding those who manage to have other players helping them. If you have an idea that could maintain those incentives, I'd be very interested!
However, I do plan to eventually give a way to abandon territories on a cool-down.

Return to “General Discussion”