Arocksum

drop/free territories

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Regards Feudal Seigneurs,

I would like to suggest to give the opportunities to free/drop our territories (action when we click on one territory?)... from distance ?

My reason ? I'm currently in the worst loop (ever?) for my Economic Power. I didn't understand how to transfer troops from my city to my general at the beginning (read the tutorial too quickly). So I just sent my general alone to take some territories... So he did. I supposed that I could take some territories but without lets some troops, given to others the opportunity to take back easily. Yeah... the others will be not my problem after all. I learned after that possesses territories without troops impacts negatively your economic power (that was not said in the tutorial). I took 6... and my economic power is 0 now. My plan to change that was to create a second "army" with new troops to take with soldiers the territories I already have...but with 0 economic power, I can't buy any new general (resources too empty and to slow). And my first general is far away from my city... My final solution I thought was to drop my territories...thing that we can't.

In this situation, you can't do anything...except waiting that the general come back...taking one day of your (short :P) live. Which is a little disaster... I read the post about Economic Power and the relation with Territories that I totally understand and agree with. Just maybe let's us to drop our territories ?

Thanks for reading.

Arocksum

Gabriel
Site Admin

Re: drop/free territories

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:09 am

Yeah thats a bad loop you're in :?
I do plan to to make it possible to either abandon a territory or give one to a vassal. Those actions would be on fairly long cooldown however.
I'm also actively thinking about other ways to lessen the punishment for having no troops on a territory.
Maybe a cap to negative EP generation?
Maybe removing the negative growth altogether? Having no growth may be punishing enough.

Anyhow, all those solutions will be implemented too late for your game I'm afraid. :?

Arocksum

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:29 am

Haha yeah surely :o but I understand. And I totally enjoy how the way I act can lead to some tricky situations :ugeek:

Concerning the "punishment", I don't have so much experience to evaluate the impact of this system or a totally new one.

Have you already tried something else before ?

The idea of "punishment" is actually pretty good (I think). Since that breaks quickly the first idea that a new player can have: leave to take a lot of territories. But actually we don't have any EP if we don't let some troops...which seems logical and already some kind of "punishment". I don't know the impact of older players.

Question: did I miss somewhere the information that do not put some troops into territories could lead to negative EP ? Because if not, maybe it could be a good information to display to avoid this/my kind of situation ?

Thanks

Gabriel
Site Admin

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:43 pm

Yeah there his some warning. But I'll try to make it more clear in the next build.
Also, there won't be a completely new system, but I'll be happy to tweak this one.

I'm happy you like the game overall!

Arocksum

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Hello Feudal Seigneurs !

Yeah, I really like the fact that we can play 5 minutes around each hour...since the beginning. (it's the opposite for a lot of games I know). Still waiting to see in action the part "Take some vassals and take part to a war". For the future :)

So I'm coming back to the "punishment"...that I finally found very very strong ! At least , with the actual amount of times we need to recover a positive EP on each territory (after few hours without troops on it). Explain: My general comes back to the city and leaves with all my troops. I do the exact same trip as 2 days ago PLUS by letting some troops (3 soldiers) in each territory...I thought (also) that it will be my solution...not at all :D ! For a reason that I don't know, its takes 12 hours (nearly more than the time since I played) to reverse the actual EP of each territory (+1/12hours I think?). The UI for the list of territories shows me that each continues to do btw -2 to -7 EP/hour but in the "Ressources" tab, the total EP from territories slowly increases (close to 0 now so my EP will go up in the next hour I think). During that time, I'm still loosing money (-250 xD) without doing anything :D)...ha and my army continues to grow up!

Propositions:
* Drop/Free territories action (could be the solution to the entire "punishment" loop)
* Stop the Training Ground to generate soldiers in city (could be at false at the beginning)

Finally I take a lot of times to try to understand the part with territory and EP influence, trough the UI...and It's not really easy. For now, I don't understand at all the part "Influence of the number of troops on EP". This part of the UI is a too short resume that I can't get it from there.

Thanks for reading :)

Arocksum

Gabriel
Site Admin

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:34 pm

The influence (how many nodes you control including those of your vassals) is linked to your rank. But the rank, once obtained will not go down, even if you lose influence. The EP growth ceilings depends on your influence. So if you lose some territory, growth ceilings will go down.
I admit there is lots of unusual vocabulary at first in this game...

Also I think there is a bug at this moment in the territory growth: Believe the ressource tab.

And yeah, the training ground should be stoppable, I agree.

Arocksum

Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:26 am

Hello Feudal Seigneurs !

(Big News ! I'm finally out of my loop...I have so much money right now :D... just saying :P )

I noticed that each time I take a territory, the EP/H value is setted (right away) to -5. I'm rang 2. It's normal ?

(PS @Gabriel: Do you prefer that I post each "thing" I want say/ask for help/give ideas into a new thread ? or not ?)

Thanks for reading,

Arocksum

EDIT: I read the thread on the other section and understand that a lot of things I met during the game was actually intended. In the following, I will use the other topic because some ideas come sometimes to my head.

Also, one thing that could be done is a FAQ/Starter Manual/(Hints to live my first life of Seigneurs) to help to understand the global mechanism of the games (at the beginning) and completes the informations from the games. Could be something that is a matter of the players ?

Gabriel
Site Admin

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Good to know your economy is back on rails:P

An idea per thread is always better for visitors, but this ain't a dictatorship.

Yeah a manual would be awsome... But I'm just overrunned with things to do. However if you start one, I *may* make it official. :D

Arocksum

Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:10 pm

I understand.

What do you think of a wiki ? That could be on the urubustudio website ?
Players that want to participate can write on the forum to ask for access. Like that, everybody could add information to have
a complete manual (a lot of games work like this).

Arocksum

Gabriel
Site Admin

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:13 pm

That would be a good solution. I'll look into it.

Return to “Support”